Friday, April 4, 2014

Soccer & More...


Aiyana's new favorite thing to do is take baby blankets and clip them around her like a dress.  She loves to create these little outfits with my hair clips and blankets.  I think she's on a path to fashion and design.

The girls started soccer yesterday.  This is Aiyana's second time playing and Clara's first.  I will also be coaching their team along with my friends, Lindsay and Leah.  They are on an all girl team in a co-ed league...  Laveen Soccer's first all girl team.  Wanna know what our team name is?  Wait for it.... Wait for it... The Pink Penguins :o).

These are my attempts at getting a beginning soccer season picture of the girls...


Clara is such a goof.  She was pretending to take my picture in the above image.


I told her to think about someone picking their nose to try and get her to smile and what does she do... Run at me while picking her own nose.  This child?!


Another attempt...


Tada...


Warming up at soccer practice...


Clara was a bit sensitive at practice and I wasn't quite sure what was wrong with her.  That evening, she woke from sleep around 11:00 pm and wouldn't go back to sleep.  She was breathing heavily, grunting, moaning and crying for several hours.  She kept saying she was thirsty and that her tummy hurt.  She was in so much pain and we were not getting any sleep so I finally took her to urgent care thinking that it might be appendicitis.  We were quickly re-directed to the ER.  We spent the entire night at PCH while they did tests to figure out what was wrong.  She threw up a couple of times in the ER.  They gave her morphine and zofran and she finally fell asleep.  The xray and ultrasound of her tummy didn't show much and her urine didn't show any signs of a kidney infection so it may have just been a stomach bug.  She's feeling better now.  I hope this doesn't happen again, but we will be keeping a close eye on her.  Poor thing hardly ever gets sick.  She's such a trooper and she was so good about getting an IV.


She got a sticker and this green ring after having an ultrasound on her belly.


No comments: