Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hiking South Mountain | Spring 2014

On Sunday I went hiking up South Mountain with my mom.  We took in all of what spring has to offer in the desert and boy was it beautiful.  I just LOVE that my mom is into photography like me.  We both brought our cameras and got a little snap happy.



Hiking with my Nikon...  It goes just about everywhere with me.





My mom waiting for me while I lagged behind taking pictures. Can you see her?



The ocotillos are in full bloom and oh so beautiful.



Almost to the top...








Looking northwest over the trail behind me.


She's on "top of the world"...




"We must become the change we want to see" 

~ Gandhi


Before we headed back down, my mom took this video of the coyotes howling below us.  I always love to hear the coyotes, but it is kind of an eerie sound.


Looking over downtown Phoenix, on our way back.  It was getting dark out... We couldn't stop taking pictures of the gorgeous sunset.


This gorgeous shot was taken by my mom...


Desert Sunset 
(prints available for purchase)




No comments: