Monday, March 10, 2014

Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls Get a D-


I won't even give you this D- recipe, but I wanted to show that I attempted to make gluten free cinnamon rolls and it all looked promising.  I am on a quest to find, or come up with, a good recipe.  When I find one, I will definitely share it.

What I did learn is that the dough will most likely be very sticky with whatever recipe I use.  Maybe that's the nature of most gluten free dough?  I really don't know the answer to that.  I also learned to use the powdery flour mix that I used to make the cinnamon rolls for rolling out the dough as opposed to an all purpose gluten free flour.  The powdery flour prevented the dough from sticking better than the other flour.


Nothing wrong with this sugary, cinnamony, buttery goodness.  I was ready to eat it right then and there, but I reasoned with myself.


Cute right?  I had to let them rise and... rise they did not.  I knew something wasn't right when they didn't rise.


My children were very anxious to taste test...


Tada... As you can see, they were a tad over cooked which sucks because I set the timer for the lesser amount of time suggested.  Beyond that, the texture was definitely off.  So although they tasted good, they were NOT what I was hoping for.  Needless to say, I am still on a quest to make the perfect gluten free cinnamon roll.  Until next time.


No comments: