Monday, January 6, 2014

Wolf Creek Ski Area | Days 3 & 4

On day three we headed to Wolf Creek Ski Area.

Clara, ready to go skiing for the first time.


Aiyana is fueling up...


View of the mountains from Wolf Creek Ski Area.


Aiyana and Clara were so excited while waiting to get signed up for their Wolf Pup Ski Class.


All tagged and pinned up...


Clara is officially a Wolf Pup.


Aiyana is officially a Wolf Pup.


Aiyana, Clara and Andrew checking out their new vests.


Aiyana getting fitted for ski boots.


VIDEOS of the girls in ski school...

Aiyana on the "magic carpet"


Clara on the "magic carpet"


Practicing...


Practicing...


View of one of the slopes from below.


View from the top of one of the slopes (using my cell phone camera).  Dana and I headed up to the top of the mountain and then we realized that we didn't have much time to make it down before Aiyana and Clara's ski school ended so Dana went ahead of me.  I had no idea what I was in store for and I evidently took a wrong turn.  I was on some pretty steep slopes. I admit that I even slid down one of the drop offs on my bottom :o).  At one point I texted Dana to see if a rescue helicopter could come get me ha, ha.  I was partially joking, but really... I was terrified. I managed and I made it down in one piece. Yay me.


I had no idea Dana was taking VIDEO of me skiing...  I would have went faster had I known ;o).



After ski school, the girls were in no hurry to take off their skis, they wanted to keep going.



This was Aiyana's reaction to me telling her she had to turn in her skis :o(.


Clara trying to escape...


Videos of the girls showing off their skills after ski school...




Aiyana talked us into letting her go down the smaller slopes.  I had already removed my skis, and returned them, and Dana was on a snow board.  We were concerned about how Aiyana would stop since she wasn't too good at it yet.  It would have been too difficult for Dana to help her since he was on a board.  So when I inquired about how we could get her down the mountain, one of the ski instructors offered to take her down.  I thought that was so nice of him.  He essentially gave her a private lesson.

There she is waiting for her first ride on the ski lift.  Her instructor, "Nacho", is on the left.  Can you see how happy she is in the picture?


There she goes...



Such a happy little thing...



Dana and his brother followed them up.


My niece, Gabrielle.


Another niece, Skye.


Aiyana's first time down the mountain with "Nacho", her ski instructor.








Nacho and Aiyana coming down the mountain after their first run.





Being silly and posing with her instructor...




We saw a beautiful sunset while coming off of the mountain...


The next day, Dana took Aiyana skiing again.  Clara and I stayed back at the cabin.  I didn't want to bring both girls back to the ski area, the next day, because it is a lot of work to get everyone geared up to ski.  I was exhausted from the previous day.  Aiyana did a half day of school and, of course, wanted to do more runs down the mountain afterwards.  This time, Aiyana did it all on her own while Dana snow boarded alongside of her.  I am so proud of my little girl.  She LOVES to ski.






Passed out after a ton of winter fun...



No comments: