Saturday, October 26, 2013

My 36th Birthday

Another year gone by.  I don't feel like I'm 36, but I am... as of 7:44 on October 24th.

My birthday was filled with ordinary routines, but my girls were very mindful most of the day because I kept telling them that they better be nice to me since it was my birthday ;o).  Apparently their mindfulness ran out at the end of the day because we took them out to dinner that night and they were not being very well behaved :o(.  

Don't let this picture deceive you... Clara was NOT pleased because she found out that Aunt Chilada's does not offer Mac 'n Cheese on the kids menu.  Once she made that discovery, she was not happy and she was going to let the entire restaurant know that.


This next picture seems appropriate for the type of evening it was lol


My mom got me a bracelet and some beautiful earrings. Thanks mom :o)


We boxed up our food and left the restaurant early.  My dad went home and the girls fell asleep on the way back to the house so I didn't get a birthday song with cake and candles to make my wish.  Dana offered to sing to me, but I thought it would be silly for just one person to sing me Happy Birthday.

  The next morning Dana showed me a bountiful supply of gluten free food that he bought at the bakery where he got my cake.  The bag was filled with gluten free chocolate ganache cake, strawberry cupcakes (with real strawberries in them), whole grain bread, twinkies and snicker doodles.  So far I have had the cupcakes and the bread and both are amazing.  I seriously have never had a regular cupcake that tastes better than the gluten free strawberry ones that he got me and the bread tastes just like real, fresh baked bread.

Some day I'll be able to look back at this seemingly bad birthday and laugh.  Despite it all... I feel so blessed to have my family here with me and to have been able to live another happy and healthy year.  Here's to many more to come!

No comments: