Thursday, July 18, 2013

We Love You Nana

 Not the sort of occasion I wanted to fly home for, but life's journey brings you to these points where you wonder how you will ever go on. My beloved Nana passed away last week and with last minute planning, we were able to fly my family back to Iowa for her funeral.  These past two weeks I have endured the saddest moments of my life.  All together our family grieved... Daughters & their spouses, grandchildren, great grandchildren and friends.  My Nana was loved by so many and her legacy will live on through all of us. 

After we laid her beautiful body to rest we mended our hearts with a little family time at our favorite pizza joint.  It wasn't the same without her there, but it was comforting to have the family together.

Nana would be so proud of these three kiddos, she loved them so much.
Larissa, Kahlil & Alana (three of Nana's great grandchildren).


We got to talking about who our girl's look like, in my extended family, and Dana thought that Aiyana resembles my cousin Isabel.  What do you think?


My mom and I have always thought that Clara looks like my cousin's daughter, Alana...


 The Hacker girls... Tracie, Vicki, Angie, Lori & my Mom (Jeri)


My mom and the girls.


A trip to Iowa would not be complete without Happy Joes Pizza and Whitey's Ice Cream.





No comments: