Friday, July 19, 2013

Last Day in Iowa

One of my favorite parks in Iowa is called McManus Park, but I always called it Rocket Ship Park.  I guess that is what everyone else knows it as because when I mentioned McManus Park to those that I invited... They had no clue what I was talking about until I said Rocket Ship Park.  The park use to have a tall rocket of monkey bars that led you all of the way to the top.  The rocket is no longer there, but I tell ya what... they sure kept the interest alive with the amount of playground equipment on the premises.  This park is still a kid's dream park.



Dana swinging the girls on the seat swings...


 Sitting on the bench for a snack and I couldn't resist taking a picture of Aiyana's eyes.  They looked so pretty and green...


This was a big hit...



Even for us adults...








After the park we headed to Rudy's tacos for some Americanized Mexican food.  Then we headed for the Mississippi riverfront to meet my friend Mechell and her twin boys.




My friend's sons were the ring bearers in mine and Dana's wedding.  My has time flown by since then. 

Tyler


Austin


It was a beautiful weekend in Iowa.


No comments: