Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Aiyana's 5th Birthday

My oldest turned five yesterday.  I really can't believe that she's five now.  She's a kid now... and a sweet one at that. Next thing I know, she will be a teenager!  I am going to cherish these years as much as I can.

Here she is on the last day that she was 4...


What a goof! I put her hair in curlers so I could do a little 5 year photo shoot the next morning.  I will share those pictures in my next post.

L to R: Aiyana, Kaitlyn, Clara, Makenzie, Jocelyn, Tyler & Sadie.  Please excuse the partial backdrop. The girls were playing in the studio so I grabbed some shots in front of a backdrop... totally not intended to be a professional shot ;o).


The girls are putting on a show...



Singing Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl.  I love that cute, shy face that she makes with her nose wrinkled up on one side... Too cute!


She wanted a chocolate cake so I made her one.  We also made princess slipper cake pops and Dana bought some cupcakes so there were plenty of sweets to go around.



Opening presents...



She's not super happy or anything...



I just love how the kids get so excited for presents...




She got two Princess Cadences...


Aiyana with her Nana...


Growing up, I had birthdays with my whole family there to help me celebrate, cousins and aunts included.  So I am happy to have friends here to make these birthday memories special for the girls.  They have so much fun playing with their friends when they come over for a party. Thank you to everyone who came and helped make this day extra special for Aiyana. We don't always throw big parties, but a 5th birthday is a milestone birthday in my book so it was nice to have a big party for her.

The big gift did not arrive on time for her party, but it arrived at the house the next day.  This gift was a joint gift from Dana and I, my mom, my dad and the Cummings grandparents.  We met Aiyana's teacher that day and then came home for her to open the gift.


...and boy does she LOVE it.


Jumping for joy...



My mom and I helped the girls put it together and set it up.  The doll house came with a lot of the furniture, but we can add to it with future birthdays or Christmas.


Say cheese!  I love how Clara can be seen through the upstairs door :o).


Playing with the house that evening.


No comments: