Saturday, April 20, 2013

Weekend with My Brother & Mason


My brother came to Phoenix last weekend and he brought my very cute, and favorite, nephew Mason.

They got here around 9:00 pm on Friday evening and the girls insisted on heading to the airport with my mom and I so they could greet their uncle Zach and cousin Mason.  The girls were so excited to see them.  They haven't seen Mason since our family vacation in December so it has been about 5 months. Clara fell asleep on the way back from the airport so we dropped her off at home with Dana.  Aiyana came over to my mom's with me to squeeze in another hour of visiting.

The kids dug right into the toy box of course.


Zach headed to a bike show with my dad on Saturday so my mom brought Mason over to play with the girls.


They had a lot of fun on the trampoline....



...and Nana had fun on the trampoline too.


How many kids can you fit under a toddler slide?


Nana (my mom) was playing Monster so the kids were trying to hide from her.


Saturday evening we headed over to my mom's for a yummy dinner and an evening of relaxation.

The next day we took the kids to the Phoenix Zoo.  It was hot out, but the kids sure had fun. Well... we did too, but we tuckered out faster than they did.




This is the last picture you will see of Clara wearing her new hair clip that I bought her at Hobby Lobby. It fell off shortly afterwards and someone snatched it up :o(.


The kids were too involved in their fruit snacks to look at me for a picture...


Zach and Mason looking at the lions...





It's cute to watch them interact.


I started becoming more consumed by the flowers than I was by the animals...



This tree had the most beautiful flowers draping down from it's branches...


One part of the zoo replicates old store fronts in Mexico so Dana wanted my mom to take a picture of us to make it look like we were on a vacation south of the broder.  The distant shot didn't turn out so I figured I'd post this one instead.


The girls LOVED the petting zoo section.


This child is terrified of dogs, but not goats???


These two were brawling out the whole time we were there.  I heard that the black one almost took my brother out before I made it in.  After he left, it about knocked me off my feet at one point.  I wasn't sure why the zoo keepers were leaving them in there with all of the young kids around.


Yep... There's my anti-dog child just mesmerized by the goats.


Here she is trying to coax one out of the tube that he was hiding in.


Looking at the monkeys...


Not sure what Aiyana is doing here...


Mason was scared of the aligator statue so my brother showed him that he had it under control.


The cousins... Mason had some blue snow cone stains on his mouth.  I swear I ate the most messy snow cone that I have ever had at the zoo.  Wear a bib if you ever buy one.


Clara was feeling brave after petting the goats I guess...



They were looking at my mom for a picture...


More zoo flowers...



A little out of order, but back at the giraffe area... 



Another photo during our fruit snack break.


Dana reminds me of a human hanger as opposed to a coat hanger in this photo.



Out of order again...


More of the goat fight...


My little adventurous one...


Love the colors in these blooms...


After the zoo, we freshened up and had a BBQ at my house. My dad came over and it was a good time.  My brother left the next morning.  So Zach was only here for three nights and two days.  A short trip, but we packed a lot in.  I also did a little photo shoot with the kids on Saturday evening.  I will post those photos on a separate entry.


No comments: