Saturday, April 20, 2013

McDowell Sonoran Mountain Preserve

Yesterday... my mom, the girls and I went on a short road trip up to the McDowell Sonoran Mountain Preserve in Scottsdale.  We took the Lost Dog Wash Trail which was only about .5 miles in and .5 miles out.  It was the perfect distance for the young ones.


So if you think I had fun taking flower pictures at the zoo... You can only imagine how amazed I was at the desert flowers that were all in full bloom.  This is, by far, the most beautiful trail that I have hiked in the Phoenix area. 


I think that the desert provides a more stunning flower than any other terrain because the colors are so bold against the muted backdrop of cactus and dirt. 



 Trecking along...



This one is my favorite photo...











Picking up rocks along the way...


We reached the end of the Lost Dog Trail.


Such beautiful terrain...



Ocotillo ~ We have two of these in our yard now.



The moon peeking between the ocotillo branches...





My baby...





This was my mom's first hike with her granddaughters...



No comments: