Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Girls Started Dance

We got the girls started in dance classes and I couldn't be more thrilled. I put them in a 3-5 year combo class where they do tap, ballet and tumbling. Three weeks ago, I brought them to the dance studio to try it out (on the day that I would take them if we decided to actually get them started in dance lessons). So I knew going into it that this would be the class that they would dance with. I also knew that their dance routine was already set so there was a chance that I may not like their chosen show dance. I was very pleased with the instructor. She is polite and very informative and she did amazing with the kids. She is the right amount of sweet and discipline that the girls need... that any 3-5 year old enrolled in dance lessons would need. The thing that signed me up on that first day was the dance routine that the class will be doing in the show. They will be dancing to the song "Dancing in the Show Tonight".   I recorded the routine on the first day, not knowing what it was, and tears started streaming down my face when I realized that they will be dancing to a song that is very familiar to me. I danced to the same song when I was younger. That pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Here they are performing the dance on their third day in class. Once a month, the teacher will let the parents in to watch so I will be sure to video tape on that day as well.  These videos were shot through the viewing window, hence the poor quality. I love how Aiyana looks in the mirror on the part where they bounce with their hand up in the air as if it is the mirror.  Aiyana is the second from the left and Clara is next to her, on her right.  Clara is hanging in there... for being the youngest in the class, she does pretty good.



Here's a clip of them doing ballet.  Aiyana is fourth from the right in this one and Clara is right next to her, on her left.



The following video is a clip of a fun routine for the girls.  They enjoy the "dancing and freezing" routine.  The kids get to dance about freely and then when the music stops, they have to freeze.  Every time, Clara will take 5-6 more steps after the music stops.  It cracks me up.  Usually, she will freeze in a dramatic pose.  One time she crawled five paces and then stopped in a cat like pose.  I have that video on my cell phone.

No comments: