Sunday, January 13, 2013

Clara's 3rd Birthday Party

Clara has walked around our house for an entire year talking about her "birthday party".  I would say that about once a day she would bring up something about her birthday.  So this year was an extra special birthday for Clara.  This was the first year that Clara knew it was her special day.  In fact yesterday, when we were preparing for Clara's party, she told Aiyana "It's my berday yana and you not help me blow candles".  Normally the girls love sharing everything, but Clara wasn't going to share that special moment :o).  

I asked Clara what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday and she excitedly proclaimed that she wanted "pink cake".  So pink cake it was.  We made strawberry cupcakes with whipped strawberry frosting and sprinkles and I also made a gluten free chocolate cake.


The girls enjoyed helping me stir the batter.


That evening I put Clara's hair in curlers.



We normally don't throw really big parties for the girls, but since this was a special birthday for Clara, we invited more than the normal number of guests.  I think we had 22 adults and 9 kids at our house. The girls had so much fun playing with all of their friends so I was kind of glad that I hadn't put games together like I originally intended.

Here's Clara opening her gifts...  
That's Tessa to her left.  Tessa is in Aiyana's primary class at church, she was on Aiyana's soccer team and she also lives just around the block from us. Tessa's little sister, Alexa, is in Clara's nursery class at church.


Minnie Mouse dress from the Kendalls...  
The Kendall's daughter, Jocelyn, is also in Clara's nursery class at church.  Jocelyn's mom grew up with Dana in Page, AZ.  The little boy to the left of Clara is Hux.  His mom and I hike together and they go to our church as well.


Barbie Doll...


Gifts from Malia...  
Malia is in-between Aiyana and Clara in age.  I met Crystal (Malia's mom) at a neighbors moving party.  Our neighbor had girls that were the same age as ours and we always talked about them growing up together, but then they moved :o(.  So Crystal and I hit it off at their moving party and decided we needed to make our girls new friends :o).  So Malia lives just a few city blocks from us. They got her puzzles which Clara really loves.


Opening a gift from uncle Zach, aunt Mary and her cousin Mason...


...they got her a set of princess shoes. 

The little girl to the left of Clara is Leah.  Leah's dad is Nigel and he and Dana served on the same mission in the Philippines.  They go to our church, but they attend another ward.


Our gift to Clara, a Mini Bowtique play house.


Gift from Grandma and Grandpa Cummings. They also gave her ten dollars to buy something.


Gift from Nana (my mom).


Opening away...


Hello Kitty figurine...


Doll, also from Nana.  She loves this doll.


The neighbors got Clara a cute Mini Mouse shirt and jeans as well as this super adorable coat.

My dad got Clara a nice card and a check to buy something at the store.

Clara had a very simply decorated Dora cake.  I am terrible at cake decorating... terrible.  So it almost looks better if I don't attempt anything fancy.  I guess if my hobby were cake decorating I would have better cakes for my girls' parties than I would pictures, but since pictures are my forte... I have better pictures ;o).


The cake and  pink cupcakes...


Clara anticipating her birthday song...


So focused...


Singing the Happy Birthday song.


Here's a video clip that my mom took of us singing to Clara...

She didn't even hesitate poosing (blowing out) out the candles.


Tada! 
...and may her wish come true :o)


Clara was very upset with me for taking a picture of her because she wanted me to feed her more cake.


THE NEXT DAY: Clara's Actual Birthday

 This evening, Dana's parents took us out to eat for Clara's birthday since today is her actual birthday.  We went to the Elephant Bar in Chandler.  My mom went with us too :o)

The birthday girl & I...

Clara in one of her new Mini Mouse outfits.


The girls hanging out by a giraffe sculpture.


Here's a video of us singing to Clara on her actual birthday...


Lastly... Here's a sneak peak of Clara's 3 year pictures.  I'll post the rest later ;o)

Clara wore her favorite skirt for her birthday party. She got this skirt at daycare at the beginning of last year.  She was sent home in the skirt one day when they didn't have clean back-up clothes to put her in.  She loved the skirt so much that her teacher said she could have it.  Once in a while we were asked to send Clara to daycare in the skirt because the teachers enjoyed watching her twirl in it.  So, I thought that it was only appropriate she wear it on her next birthday.



I was a little choked up today knowing that my baby will never be two again.  I don't want my babies to grow up :o(.  I know that's selfish, but I just wish I could protect them forever.  The older they get, the more independent they become and the less I can protect them.  

Clara "milked" every last ounce of time out of the day and she finally passed out on daddy's lap about an hour ago.  It's about my bed time too. 
Night... Night.

No comments: