Saturday, November 10, 2012

This Saturday...

Today it was picture day for soccer and we had another soccer game.  It was a very early morning. Our pictures were scheduled for 7:30 am and the game was at 8:00 am.  I was too lazy to upload any soccer pictures, but I'll be sure to post our team soccer pictures when we get our copy.

After the game, Dana went to help my dad dig trenches on his property.  I'll have to grab some pictures from Dana so I can update my blog with photos as my dad makes progress on building his house in Cave Creek.  It's going to be a beautiful spanish/mediterranean style home.

I took the girls to Lowes to buy some plants and herbs and then to Staples to get some back up hard drives for the vast amount of photos that I have been taking for my photography business...  I'll have to post about that later.  This post is about our yard. Exciting eh?

We have had a garden since the beginning of summer.  The only thing that took off from our first planting season was the basil.  So this season we still have the basil and Dana planted some sugar snap peas, yellow onions, tomatoes and one other thing that neither of us can remember :o).  So I guess we may have a surprise... if it grows.  All of the things that I mentioned above were planted from seeds. For now, we have three of the four popping up around the garden.  Not sure what is what right now.  I decided that I wanted cilantro in case our tomatoes and onions do well.  I would like to be able to make pico de gallo... yummm.  So here's the cilantro plant that I picked up from Lowes today...

I've also been wanting mint... I can't remember why, but I wanted it.  So I planted some mint as well.


Here's our Basil... It's like a forest :o).  I think that's the sugar snap peas growing on the right side of the basil.


Just for fun, I added some pictures of our other plants so that I could look back at how tiny they once were. Our navel orange tree is about 4 years old and it's still very small. I hear they sometimes take a while to grow.  At least it looks healthy.


Our lime tree has been struggling.  It looks dead in this picture, but it isn't.  It's been doing this and then new growth will come in and then it will turn brown and it does this over and over :o(.  Not sure what's up with it, but I want limes darn it!  I love using limes in our Mexican food.


A long while back, we planted a buganvilla plant on each side of our canary palm, along the back wall of our yard. The one on the right died so I finally replaced it today...


Lastly, here's a hibiscus plant that Dana bought me last Mother's Day.  I am pleased to see that it is doing excellent right where we planted it.  I am thinking about planting another one on the other side of the yard, right across from this one. 


No comments: