Friday, October 12, 2012

Page & A Fall Frenzy

This past weekend I attended a Fall Seminar for work and on Sunday evening we headed up to Page with the intentions of getting the girls CIBs (Certificates of Indian Blood) in Tuba City.  I had brought our life's worth of documents, but the one thing that we needed and I did not have was original birth certificates for the girls... I brought a colored copy.  Grrr! In any case, it was a fun little trip and nice to be in Page with no agenda.

On Monday Dana and I went out for a 3 mile run on the Rim View Trail.  Here's an Instagram picture that I took of Lake Powell during our run.

I took the following photo later in the day, as the sun was getting lower in the sky.

Instagram version...


Aiyana playing on the tire swing in front of Grandma and Grandpa Cumming's house.  I love the back lighting in this picture.

View of Lake Powell, looking towards the power plant.

On Tuesday we took a family trip up to the Kaibab Forest in search of fall foliage.  We found some beautiful aspen trees not too far from Jacob's Lake.  Oh, and we stopped to get the best cookies ever at the cafe in Jacob's Lake.  We bought four... A german chocolate cookie with coconut frosting, a chocolate cookie with marsh mellow and chocolate icing on top, a chocolate cookie with a raspberry topping and a peanut butter cookie filled with chocolate chips.  They were amazing and the food there was really good too.

Our precious children...


Sisterly Hugs

Dana took this picture of me...


The fall colors mixed in with the pine trees of northern Arizona

I love me some fall colors...


Aiyana playing in the forest...

This girl is so photogenic.  I love it.


I asked her to give me sassy... and she gave me sassy :o)

This is one of my favorite pictures that I have taken of Aiyana.  I just can't get enough of it.

...and then there's the one that despises the camera lol.  Maybe it's all my fault?  Maybe I drove her to this? At least I have one "smile and say cheese" shot.

Back lighting is all the rave now with photography so here's my attempt at it.  
I love the light rays in this shot.

Also a big trend... Capturing something in front of your image of interest.  
So the grass is out of focus while the subject is in focus.  
Love this shot of Clara.

This is actually my favorite picture of Clara from this trip.  I love the lighting and how well it contrasts in black and white.


Clara giving mommy a flower.  So precious :o)



1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

beautiful pictures of beautiful girls!
all three of you :)

i didn't know you had color in az
very nice!
it's quite beautiful up here this year too despite the lack of rain

love those backlighting shots
clara had some great ones for not liking the camera

guess another trip back for those certificates is due. darn ;)