Friday, October 12, 2012

Hospital Food

Generally hospital food has a bad reputation, but not at PCH.  Our food is awesome.  Our chef is amazing and we have the option of many different cuisines.  Yesterday I was at work and I opted for the "featured restaurant" line hoping for something gluten free.  When I approached the chef from the restaurant I asked if the dish they were serving was gluten free.  He said everything in our restaurant is gluten free.  He handed me a card and I noticed that the name of the restaurant is called "Freak at the Table"...  I love it.  What a fitting name for a restaurant that offers allergy free food.  So 100% of their food is gf and dairy free and there is a percentage of items on the menu that are soy free, nut free, etc.

Anyway... Here's what I got.  Fish tacos served in lettuce cups with bean sprouts, two different sauces (one of coconut milk and one of pesto), quinoa salad, butternut squash relish and guacamole on the side.  It was delicious.


1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

WOW!!
that looks amazing!

how awesome that a health institution actually serves healthy food!