Friday, October 12, 2012

First Soccer Practice

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in an earlier post, but I am a soccer coach for Aiyana's team in the Laveen Soccer League.  I am co-coaching with another mom who has a kid on the team.  Yesterday was my first day coaching and Aiyana's first day of practice.  This is Aiyana's first time participating in a team sport and I would be lying if I said that I didn't get all sentimental about it.  I had so much fun coaching practice and I seriously cannot get over how cute the entire team is. There are two boys and six girls on the team.  With my help, the team decided that they would be the Comets.  First, one of the little boys said that he liked the "Starfish".  I thought it was an absolutely adorable team name, but another teammate said no.  Aiyana mentioned that she liked stars and another teammate said how about the "Shooting Stars".  So I mentioned that a shooting star is called a comet and the kids loved it.  So we are the Comets.  Go Comets!


Isn't she cute?


Here's where we practice and what it looked like on our first day of practice.  It just so happened to finally cool off yesterday.  Yippie!


1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

ah--the fun!
nothing like seeing a little girl in shin guards to make you melty :)

glad you're having fun--very cool that you're coaching!
i don't think i'd have the patience...lol