Sunday, September 30, 2012

South Mountain Hike - Mormon Trail

This was a fairly simple, and very beautiful, 4 mile hike on the north eastern side of South Mountain. I usually try to put my pictures in order, but these are not in the right order.  I did manage to end with the night shots though :o) 



This is called Fat Man's Pass...



I thought that the sky looked pretty in these pictures...


We had to crawl under here...


The moon making an appearance.


Another rocky passage way...



Petroglyphs 


Warning sign for bees in the area... Yikes


View of downtown Phoenix as we were hiking up...



I thought this picture showed pretty colors, as the sun was starting to set.



Saguaro Cactus 


Another view of the city...


Part of the trail...


Wild flowers galore...



Me :o)


View of South West Phoenix at night fall


Beautiful Sunset - I love the Phoenix sunsets



1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

looks like a great walk!

love the sunset and the wildflowers pics especially!!

how fun :)