Monday, September 3, 2012

SAHM Agenda

So having worked full time for the past 15 years, 4 of those years being a working momma, I realize that I will need to keep a schedule of some sort in order to keep myself sane.  I do not want to become one of those moms that stays in my pajamas, watches talk shows and cleans up after my kids all day... That will NOT be me.  So I have created a light schedule to keep me on task. We eventually plan to get the girls involved in recreational activities and this fall we are signing Aiyana up for soccer.  For now I will have no major plans or schedules and I am looking forward to simply existing and taking in life with our two girls.

First things first... Get Aiyana ready for kindergarten next year.  Socially, this child is ready because of her exposure to daycare, but I would like to get her more familiar with her letters, sounding out words and writing her name.  She can recognize numbers, write some of her letters, speak a smattering of spanish and she is starting to understand how to add numbers. Our home preschool schedule will be flexible and will include an hour of lessons each day.  I plan to include Clara in on the lessons, but we will see how well that goes after the first couple of weeks.  The schedule will go as follows...

Monday: Math
Tuesday: Educational Reading Time
Wednesday: Writing
Thursday: Theatre
Friday: Follow Up

Pretty broad subjects, but something to follow none-the-less.

Second order of business, but just as important.  Get Clara potty trained.  We started this process officially on Saturday.  Clara is now wearing panties during the day and so far we've had two wet panties and one incident of pooping on the floor.  She's getting the idea though.  She has had no problem going potty on the toilet before now so it shouldn't take us long to get this task accomplished.  Once she's potty trained during the day, we will focus more on night time training.

Third order of business and again, equally just as important.  Exercise!  I am in desperate need of getting myself back in shape and healthy again. I'm at the weight I need to be, but I need to get my blood circulating and my muscles working.  My work out schedule is planned out as follows...

Monday: Morning volleyball at church
Tuesday: Jillian Michaels work out video
Wednesday: Morning run before Dana leaves for work
Thursday: Jillian Michaels work out video
Friday: Morning run before Dana leaves for work

Fourth order of business.  Take care of some home improvement items. Three top items on the list...  1.) Thin out files in the filing cabinet 2.) Finish painting rooms & 3.) Print over a years worth of photos that I am backed up on printing.

Between all of this, working 2-4 times a month, taking the girls on a once a week field trip, play dates, photo editing and Saturday photo sessions... I'll still be one busy momma, but my life will have balance and that is what I am most thankful for.

1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

i knew you'd have a plan!
i think it's a must

enjoy!!!
lucky girl!