Monday, September 17, 2012

Parson's Spring Trail

So these are totally out of order, but there are way too many pictures for me to try and organize them so I'll do my best to bring you along this journey.

My mom invited me to go on a 7 1/2 mile hike, with a woman's hiking group, in Sedona on Sunday.  I jumped on the opportunity because in the past I have been way too busy to do things like this, but now... I finally have time in my life.  So I went and I am so glad that I did. I seriously could not decide which pictures to leave out of this post so I apologize ahead of time for the crazy amount that I am posting.

Here is the view from the start of the hike at the top of the canyon...


Starting our hike...

There's me...


Again, these are out of order... So this photo was taken about a mile into the hike.  It was one of my favorite spots along the trail.  It must be a favorite among the locals as well because there were many people picnicking and swimming here when we were on our way back out of the canyon.


I came across so many wild flowers on this hike and I LOVE wild flowers.  Even more... I LOVE photographing wild flowers.


Another photo of my favorite spot...


This was a neat rock wall that we trekked across to get back onto the trail...



Here's me crossing the rock wall...


A cool tree that we came across...


I actually have a lot of photos of myself on this event.  Crazy.  Having my mom there with a camera made this happen.  Thanks mom! 


Beautiful wildflowers...


We stopped here for a break and a snack...




Me doing my thing...




Me with my mom's friend Shawna...



These were my favorite wild flowers.  They are so dainty, vibrant and pretty.





Crystal clear water...



This was the turn around point.  Un-impressive eh?


By far, the larget centipede that I have ever seen.


We crossed over many, many streams...


More honeysuckle...




Admiring the view...


Mwa :o)



This tree broke in half and created a stunning looking arch...




My mom taking a picture...


There were narrow spots along the trail as you can see from this picture of my mom walking along the rock wall. Mom and I were together, by ourselves, most of the way back.  Some of the group was in front of us and some behind us.


Me again :o)



Heading out.  It was rough.


My mom taking a break and mustering up the will power to finish up this long journey...


A few pictures that escaped their order in the uploading process...





Our group at the start of the hike...



More wild flowers...



Love these...



Another water crossing...


Me mastering that crossing.  I had to stay strong for the camera's sake.


My mom taking pictures...




My momma and I


Another picture of my favorite spot.



Another one of those tricky stream crossings.


...and again


View of the canyon after we ended our hike


We came across three rattle snake along the trek.  I am thankful that I made it out un-scathed. 

2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

wow!
some really beautiful pictures!!
loved your favorite spot
the water with rocks and logs
and the still water shots

i would love to join a hiking group
what a great day with your mom!

Rebecca Rushton said...

I've hiked in Sedona before. Its so beautiful isn't it?