Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 2 - Chicago & The Fair

Friday's agenda... Visit my Nana then head to the QC and go to the Mississippi Valley Fair.

Mom & Nana


Aiyana & I with Nana


We took Nana to get ice cream, her favorite... a Peanut Buster Parfait at Dairy Queen.  Then we drove to the park in St. Charles and let Aiyana run around and play.


Back in Nana's room...


Nana was showing Aiyana one of her dolls.


Nana & I


We took Aiyana to the Mississippi Valley Fair.  It was so much fun.  First order of business... Putting Aiyana on the tilt-a-whirl before she knew what was coming.  She LOVED it.  She looks less than thrilled in this photo only because she thought that I wasn't going to ride it, but I HAD to get at least one photo.  I'm glad I took this picture because it is the only photo that I have of the fair besides some blurry shots of the ferris wheel that I took later that night. I think my mom might have a picture of all of us on this ride, but I don't have it on my computer. The ride took off and spun us several times in a row.  I caught a glance of Aiyana and her mouth was drawn back on both sides.  I thought that she might cry, but once we stopped spinning she seemed to relax a bit and she eventually started smiling.  I could tell that she felt like such a big girl being on that ride with us.


We also happened to pop into the REO Speedwagon concert.  I got to watch them perform "I Can't Fight this Feeling Anymore" I have a few photos and video snippet of that on my iPhone.

After the fair we headed to Whitey's Ice Cream because a visit back to the QC is just not a visit unless two things are accomplished... The consumption of Whitey's Ice Cream and Happy Joe's Pizza.

See, even Aiyana agrees...


1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

mmm
i'll take some peanut butter revel!
haven't been there in forever!

looks like lots of fun :)