Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dear Clara

I booked a trip for Chicago and the Quad Cities and I want you to know how sad I am that I cannot take you.  I debated on it for months, but I finally decided to take Aiyana since you went with me once while Aiyana stayed home. The airfare is very pricey right now and managing both you and Aiyana in a public place is challenging these days... I'll tell you all about it when you are older :o).  The last time we made a trip back home was Mother's Day 2011 and our whole family went.  The time before that was in the spring of 2010 and I brought only you with me.  At that time, your great Nana was not as sick as she is now and she could hold you.  She would kneel down on the floor and talk to you.  We stayed at great Nana's house and she absolutely loved having you there.  It was like you brought back a motherly love and instinct in your great Nana that her Alzheimer's Disease was slowly taking away from her.  All of your great aunts and some of my cousins came to see you and everyone kept talking about how beautiful you were.  When I brought you back in 2011, one of your great aunts held you and couldn't stop staring at you and telling me how gorgeous you were. Now that you are two and a half, your little personality has really come out.  You are an amazing little girl who is eager to please, make people laugh and loves to entertain. You are such a little character, always willing to sing a song and do it with so much emotion.  I love the way that you give kisses and I love how you say "I love you mommy".  You are beautiful inside and out and I am so blessed to have you in my life.  Mommy loves you so much. Butterfly kisses, Eskimo kisses and regular kisses too.

1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

:)
very sweet
next time!