Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Let me start out by saying that the pictures you are about to see, in no way, reflect the type of day that Mother's Day was for me this year.  I think our children woke up and got a memo that read something along the lines of "It's Mother's Day therefor do everything in your power to make the day extremely difficult for your mother and remind her exactly why it is sometimes so hard to be a mom and not go crazy". 

Dana made me pancakes in the morning and Aiyana brought them up for me to eat while I was rushing to get ready for church. Aiyana proceeded to tell me Happy Mother's Day and then bowed her head, stuck out her bottom lip and said "When's my day?" I said "It's your day every other day of the year sweetheart". To which she fell to the floor and started crying and saying that she wanted it to be her day.  Once I consoled her, and the crying subsided, I finished getting ready and started to get the girls ready for church.  Aiyana insisted on convincing me that my skirt was all purple.  I said "No honey, there are all kinds of colors in my skirt".  "No there's not! Just purple" she says.  Finally I relented and said "Yes, it's all purple" wanting to avoid the subject and just get the heck out of the door on time for church. Aiyana responds in a very upset, loud and yelling voice... "It's not all purple!!!"  Seriously?  It was 39 minutes after the hour (the hour that church starts) and we were still in our house with both girls fighting us on getting their church clothes on.  I finally looked at Dana and said "What's the point?"  Like really... why even go at this point? I was so annoyed.  I failed to mention that I didn't want to wake early (and neither did Dana) so when our girls were up at 6:00 am... we were not.  As a result, we had cereal strung ALL OVER our house.  It turns out that the girls were hungry for breakfast and their bum parents could not get out of bed to feed them so they helped themselves. I really won't go on, but... it continued to be a bad day, full of drama and full of toddler tears.  I reflect on what created it all and I have a good feeling it stemmed from the fact that I shopped all day on Saturday (without the girls) and the girls did not take a nap the entire day.  Clara finally passed out on the floor in the living room and Aiyana upstairs in her bed, both before 6:00 am.  I came home, exhausted from hours of shopping, and felt no desire to wake their weary heads so I left them to sleep knowing that they would be up at "0:dark thirty" the next morning.  I certainly payed for it :o(

It wasn't all bad, though.  My mom came over after church and we grilled out.  There was lots of laughter and it is ALWAYS great to be with family.  My mom has a way of getting the girls out of their funk and we had fun playing hide-and- go-seek and video chatting with my brother Zach, his wife Mary and my little nephew Mason in California.

A good picture always makes a day go better for me and I really like this one of Aiyana and I.
...and this one
Clara was being a stinker for pictures, as usual, so this is the best we got of all of us...
 
 Clara thought that it would be fun to do a "sleeping picture" so I have a myriad of pictures with the two of them, eyes closed, pretending to sleep.  Clever idea Clara. I should have included at least one of those photos actually.

Here's my mom after opening her gift... She's trying to convince Aiyana to give it back to her.  The black beaded necklace is what I got her.  It's a really pretty necklace that a lady from my church makes.  I will do another post about her work after my mother-in-law gets her necklace.
 My Momma and I...
I just have to say that I have the bestest mom EVER!  My mom gives me so much comfort, love, advise, support and everything else that helps keep me grounded in life.  She is my best friend and I am so blessed to have her living so close to me here in Phoenix.  I love her so much and as my Nana (my mom's mom) would do, I will end this with some xxx's and ooo's in the amount that signifies the years that my mom has been an amazing mom to me.

These are yours mom!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX's
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's

Love, Amber

Huh, who knew that 34 o's take up more space than 34 x's?

1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

lol!
sorry your girls were less than angelic
but it looks like you had a great day otherwise
great pictures and cute with the x's and o's :)

ps--your 'purple' skirt is very pretty