Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

Aiyana & Clara's Easter baskets...

Clara shortly after discovering her Easter basket...
(that would be a mouth full of jelly beans)
I had these beautiful visions of how the girl's Easter pictures were going to turn out this year. I had scoped out this spot in our neighborhood with these beautiful bushes full of pink blooms. It was going to be perfect and pretty and very fitting for Easter. I got the girls out of the car on our way into church Sunday morning because I wasn't about to attempt the pictures afterwards. Church lasts three hours and the girls are typically napless, cranky, disheveled and hungry by the time we get home. Anyway, we were a bit late for church and I think I paid for it by not getting a single picture of the girls smiling and looking at the camera.
I know better than to shoot in direct sunlight, but the girls wouldn't sit where I asked them to so this is what I got... Squinting, not looking at me and not smiling... Little turkeys.
I tried to get them to pick a flower and show it to me, but they picked their flower and walked away :o(
Aiyana is fascinated with rocks so here you see her investigating the rocks. That little thing in the white dress, way off in the distance, would be Clara running away from me.
Aiyana was put back in the car and I grabbed a couple of photos of Clara before I gave up...

Back at home, after church, my luck did not change. Neither one of the little stinkers would look at me. Here's a concerned "Aiyana look"... Perhaps I threatened that she would not get any more of her Easter candy if she did not look a the camera right before I snapped this picture :o).
So I accepted the fact that they were going to do as they pleased and we proceeded with the day.

Aiyana sharing her sucker with her sister... so precious.
I tried to pose Clara with this rabbit and she started to get irritated with it so she turned around and began scolding the rabbit. It was quite entertaining to watch.

We invited Dana's brother's, Travis and Chris, over and Travis wife, Karen, as well as my mom. My mom brought over Easter baskets for the girls.
Me with the girls...
The girls hunting for eggs...

Clara was aggressive about egg hunting this year. I loved watching them compete for eggs.
Now this is sisterly love... They were helping each other find eggs and even sharing their eggs with each other by finding one and putting it in the other's basket... So sweet.
Clara stealing Uncle Chris eggs...
Aiyana counting her bounty...
Sweaty and exhausted, the girls relish their collection...

3 comments:

Jeri said...

It was so much fun watching the girls with their Easter baskets and candy, and finding the eggs. I laughed at that one picture of Clara because her face is always covered up with her hair. She has so much of it! I really like the picture of the girls in their Easter dresses at the park.

tbsomeday said...

aw, they are adorable in non-perfect pictures too!!

lol--i threaten all the time for pics ;)

nice to see a pic of you in there--you look great!

Sandi said...

Some day those will be among your favorite Easter photos.