Thursday, March 15, 2012

What I've Been Up To Lately

Life has been busy lately, but it has also been exciting because I'm starting my new business venture. As I stated in an earlier post, I am starting a Photography business and I couldn't be happier about the way that it has taken off. I have already hit over 100 "Likes" on my Facebook fan page and I started a new website at www.amberrosephotography.net. Plus I am booked into March for photo sessions... yay!

Since putting in my notice at work, and realizing that Dana and I will need to cut costs wherever possible, I started up couponing. Not my favorite thing in the world to do, but I got organized with it and started a binder. The front pocket holds the store ads for the week, the purple pouch holds my miscellaneous coupons and then the remainder of the coupons are sectioned out into categories and organized by plastic baseball card collector pages. I have only managed to save 25% on my last two shopping trips, but I am okay with that because I don't compromise on health and I still manage to get produce for the family and gluten free products for myself. I still hope to find a way to save 40% some day... Dana beat my best percentage by saving 36% last weekend. I'll keep you posted on my next trip :o). Here's my binder...

Here are a couple photos from a recent photography session...

I photographed several products for a locally run business. I was very meticulous about the way each product looked in these photos so I took a picture of what I saw through the lens 80% of the time... my hand :o). The final shot did not have my ugly thumb in it, so don't worry ha, ha. It was a lot more work than I anticipated, but I had fun doing it. I wanted to devour all of these products. They look so yummy and I cannot wait to buy some for my family. If you are interested in specialty jams, jellies, pickled produce, dipping sauces, syrups and much more... I suggest you visit Cotton Country Jams and check out this woman's products... yummmm!

Her best sellers...

2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

wow amber!!
you are off and running
great job with everything!!

those jellies and jams look awesome

and 25% is great savings i my book!
you have the right personality type for that couponing i think
so organized :)

Jana said...

You are so organized! So excited for your new business! :)