Monday, January 23, 2012

Daddy's Bed

Apparently mommy does not have a bed in this house because mine and Dana's bed is known as "Daddy's bed" according to our children. Unfortunately, mommy and daddy have let Aiyana and Clara get into the routine of watching cartoons in daddy's bed until they fall asleep. Once upon a time I was able to crawl into bed, after giving the girls their evening bath, and watch DVR'd episodes of American Idol, Survivor, The Bachelor, The Bacheloret, The Kardashians, Sister Wives... You get the idea... I'm a reality TV show junkie. Alas, my bed has been over-run by my kids. Sigh... I will eventually have to put an end to this, but it's just so easy to lay them down with a cartoon so that I can finish cleaning up the evening mess. It's either this or lay down next to them in their beds for an hour until we both pass out and I wake up at 1:00 am, on the floor, with a sore shoulder and disoriented as to where I am. Cartoons in daddy's bed seems like the better option.


1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

what an adorable picture!
a
a family bed is a wonderful thing
they grow up so fast
you'll miss it someday