Sunday, January 29, 2012

Caterina, Ballerina... Angelina Ballerina...

I think it's about time I get at least one of these girls started in dance. Both Aiyana and Clara are fascinated with a cartoon called Angelina Ballerina. Aiyana walks around all day thinking that she is a "caterina" which is really a ballerina. The name "Caterina" came from a Halloween outfit that Aiyana wore when she was 2 (which was a ballerina/cat costume). She still remembers this? In any case... She believes that she is a true "caterina". Clara will also dress up in one of the five tu tu options that we have at home. Typically Aiyana will pick out her tu tu first and then she will dress Clara in one of the remaining options. In addition to the tu tu, Aiyana must remove her shirt and pants. In her mind... "caterinas" do not wear shirts or pants... just a tu tu. I've tried to convince her that leggings would be like wearing tights, but she wont have it. So here she is this morning, removing her shirt and sporting her clip-on earrings and tu tu. Such a girly girl.

I thought I should share this picture too. I put the girl's Dora couch on the coffee table so that I could vacuum. I put the vacuum away and here is what I found when I came back into the room. This poor coffee table has turned into a play table, a dance stage and now a lounge platform.


Here's the little one. She might be getting sick. She woke up a couple of times last night with a stuffy nose and barely able to breath. So far this has been a good winter without the sickies (other than myself getting bronchitis). I hope we can keep the girls healthy.

3 comments:

tbsomeday said...

so adorable!!!
lol about the couch on the coffee table

Jeri said...

That's so cute that they climbed up on the coffee table because that's where you put the couch. I would be surprised if they didn't try to put it up there themselves now.

Jana said...

Love the couch on the coffee table! Too cute!! Such pretty girls!!