Friday, December 30, 2011

Utah - Zion National Park

After Christmas in Page Dana's dad treated everyone to an all expenses paid trip to Utah for some skiing and additional family time together. We stayed in a hotel in Hurricane Utah which is about a half hour drive from St. George. Hotels are not fun with little ones, but we made the best of it. Thankfully the hotel was not too busy so we sort of had the run of the place. The little kids were running back and forth in the hallways and in between rooms each evening :o/.

Dana and most of the rest of the family went skiing on the first day so I had plans to take the girls to a place called Jumpin Jacks (an indoor bounce and play facility in St. George). My plan backfired, though, because Aiyana was too scared to even walk in the play area (it was pretty loud). I couldn't keep track of one kid that wanted to sit and one that wanted to play so I had to get my money back and revise my plan.


So I decided to head back to Hurricane towards our hotel. On our way back I ran across the Zion National State Park sign and decided that's where we were going to go. I have always wanted to see this park so I figured it was a perfect way to make the most of our day. The girls slept most of the way and I enjoyed the scenic 45 minute drive to the park.





Dall Horn Sheep




When the girls woke up we all got out of the car and walked along a beautiful river that runs through the park.



























Collecting rocks to throw in the water...





Throwing rocks in the water...

I would have had some amazing pictures of the girls if they would have actually wanted to sit and cooperate :o(. Oh well, I just wanted them to have fun and it was nice to capture some action shots.





Clara was so tuckered out that she passed out on the hotel room floor... Gross... I know.

3 comments:

Jeri said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! I love the one you photoshoped. It looks really cool! It looks like you had a wonderful photo opportunity and you took advantage of it. Good job, Amber.

Amber said...

I didn't photo shop any of them, I only enhanced the contrast. That's how pretty it really was. I think the trees look like they are photo shopped in some of the pictures only because they have white bark and they are against the dark canyon walls.

tbsomeday said...

sure beats the bounce house!
great pictures!!
love the bridge one and clara passed out
lol