Sunday, November 6, 2011

Travis & Karen's Wedding

Dana's brother, Travis, married the love of his life, Karen, on November 4th, 2011.
It was a beautiful ceremony at the Wright House in Mesa, AZ.

~*~

All of the little cousins wore off white or eggplant (purple)...



Clara was checking out the venue before the ceremony started...

The groomsmen waiting for the ceremony to start...

A creative twist to the picture above...

Here comes the bride!

Aiyana and her little cousin Jade watching as the ceremony got started...


Aiyana admiring the bride and wondering what all of the fuss is about...


Trying to entertain Clara with snacks. Neither of the girls could cooperate long enough for me to watch the very short ceremony :o(. I had to step out with both of them because Clara wanted to run around and Aiyana kept shouting "I have to go potty".


Aiyana with her cousins Jakelle & Skye...




Getting hitched :o)...


My baby and I...


My family... I love them :o)




Lorin's family: Joecy, Jayne, Sunnie, Jade, Lorin, Jakelle & Jewel


Sam's family: Skye, Sam, Emmy, Kellen & Tessa


I don't have pictures of Carminda's or Don's family. It was bit hectic gathering people for pictures. The kids were all over the place. Don's family was there and I have some pictures of their little ones later in this post. Carminda's two oldest girls were there and I also have pictures of them, but Carminda couldn't make it because she was/is busy with the new addition to the family, little Jackson. So Craminda, Daryl, Grace, Parker and Jackson were not there.


~*~


After the ceremony they put up an activities table for the little ones. They even had gifts for them to play with (spectacular idea).


Aiyana with her new My Little Pony...


Clara all dressed up and drinking from a fancy glass :o)




The newlyweds...


Oh my, this was not what I had envisioned. It was later in the night before we gathered the kids for pictures, mistake number one. Anyway, here they are... Front (L to R): Tessa, Jakelle, Clara & Aiyana. Back (L to R): Jayne, Jewel, Joecy, Andrew, Kellen, Skye, Jade & Gabrielle. That's Sunnie (mom of 5 girls) trying to keep the kiddos in line. Missing from the picture are Kealie, Siobhan, Grace, Parker & Jackson (Carminda's 5)


Another attempt...


My hubby & I...




Emmy (Sam's wife) & I


Carminda's two oldest, Keali & Siobhan & Dana's mom, Lorena.


Siobhan, Emmy & I


They were kind of nice about it, Travis smeared a little in Karen's face at the last minute.


The first dance...


The little girls admiring the bride... so cute...


Aiyana and Clara had so much fun dancing, they loved it. It was very entertaining to watch.


Skye, Gabrielle, Tessa & Aiyana busting a move...


Dana found Clara...


Gabrielle & Aiyana...


Skye & Aiyana...


Such an awesome idea for a wedding. They had a photo booth that printed out 2 cards of photos. One went to the bride and groom and the other, we got to keep. The one that went to the bride and groom was attached to a scrap book page that you could write a message on and sign. Loved it. Such a cool idea. The pictures were displayed on a screen outside of the booth and they were entertaining to watch :o)


~*~


Here's our family's pictures.... (the third picture was supposed to be a group pukana face because Clara likes to make that face, but it looks like she was the only one who opted out for the picture).


Here's a video of Skye & Aiyana dancing...


video



Here's a video of Clara dancing (she's the one carrying the glow bracelet). She's got rhythm...


video


Travis's friends can really dance and they were so entertaining to watch. I wish the lighting were better, I would have taken more video. Here's a little snippet of one of his friends dancing...

Wow... it's even darker on my blog... sorry.


video

2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

what a fun post
your family is so beautiful!!!
loved your dress
color was great on you

looks like a good time--well, other than crazy kids during the ceremony...i was just there myself ;)

but the dancing part erases all that!

Amberly said...

you look so beautiful!!