Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mooney Falls & Hike to Beaver Falls - Day 2

Mooney Falls

Me in front of Mooney Falls - You can really tell the difference in the color and contrast when you change the shutter speed. The above photo was taken with a long shutter speed therefor letting in more light.


Dana in front of Mooney Falls

My friend Amy & I in front of Mooney Falls


The Challenging Climb Down to Mooney


This is a run off waterfall from Mooney Falls. You could swim under this one and there was a little cavern inside. Mooney Falls is to the right and the long journey to Beaver Falls is to the left, along the stream.

Gangsta - lol

This was such a stunning view of Mooney...


My Hubby & I

Mwa



One of the many smaller waterfalls along the hike to Beaver Falls...


Josh, Dana & Olin (Dana's dad)




We took the dry trail for most of the hike, but the water is so inviting that the guys wanted to ride the current down to Beaver Falls some of the way.

The lime in the water sometimes causes the stream to look whitish in color...

Emmy ready to duck through some of the thicket...





Dana, Lucy, Karen, Travis & Josh

Can you spot Dana?

We had to walk through a lot of this chest high foliage. It was somewhat surreal looking because there was so much of it. I was told that some of the girls spotted a rattle snake only inches from where I passed by only minutes later... YIKES!

Under the trees and through the... Okay, you get it...

Paradise







At some points you find yourself towering over the water with more amazing views and a new perspective of the canyon.



Another very short, but challenging climb to get down to Beaver Falls...

Beaver Falls - I'm certain I would have been able to get an amazing photo of this waterfall if I was on the other side of it and if I wanted to hike a little further down for a different angle, but I didn't so this is the shot I got :o)

Looking dowstream from Beaver Falls. Only four more miles and we would have hit the Colorado River.

Planking

Karen, Sunnie, Amy & Emmy



The Girls in the Group - Me, Amy, Sunnie, Emmy, Karen & Lucy




1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

i am so in love with the falls and i haven't even been there yet
really does look like paradise!!

was the water warm?

like the pics with the words in them...helpful :)

love the shot of all you girls too
i so so want to go now!