Friday, July 8, 2011

Melmo

Clara is gaining a vocabulary and it is one of my favorite milestones to watch. I LOVE hearing those first words that come out of my child's mouth. The sweetness of their voice when they say it is just amazing to me. Clara has a pretty large vocabulary at this point, but a lot of her words are hard to understand. Months ago Clara started say "Ow" every time we got home and it was time for us to get out of the car. I kept thinking she was hurting from something on her car seat or that maybe I was hurting her when I un-buckled her seat belt, but one day it dawned on me that she was saying "out". Glad to have gotten that straightened ow.... ;o).

Clara calls the DVD player, in my Acadia, "melmo". I'll let ya guess why that is and what it means...

A new thing that Clara is doing is letting us know when she went potty in her diaper. Woo hoo! Maybe we will have this one potty trained before 2... maybe. Every time Clara goes number two in her diaper she squats, grabs the bottom of her diaper and says "poo poo" in her too cute voice. Even if she went "poo poo" it is still so adorable that she tells us in her most precious voice.

Clara loves to do this little dance where she bends one knee and sort of bounces off of it. It's just one leg that she bends and she will bend and hop up and bend and hop up as she walks around in a circle. It's very darling and quite the move she's got mastered.

She loves to wrap any sort of strap or handle around her arm and act as if it is a purse that she intends to tote around. Meanwhile she will turn to us and say "Bye" over and over until we recognize that she is going to go somewhere. Dana usually tells her to send us a post card or write us a letter.

1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

awww
growing up so fast
i love that age!!!
it's a favorite time for me

lol
i think she's got some of the native american dance moves in her genes