Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm In Love...

...with Mochi

The most wonderful Asian treat that I have tasted to date. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but I use to think Asians could not make a good dessert to save their lives, but I was ignorant and un-educated... I had NO idea these wonderful gewy treats even existed until I came across some pictures of mochi in a friend's photo album on facebook.

Thank you friend!

Thank you Facebook!

I purchased the above items at Trader Joes... WARNING!!!! AJ's does NOT have these... You have to go to Trader Joes. Hurry... or I will buy them all.

So, for those of you who have never heard of these... like myself only two days ago. They are a Japanese treat made of a sticky, sugary, rice paste. Since the initial treat was made, it has evolved into an ice cream ball covered in this wonderful rice concoction. Oh... and it is wonderful. Once I found them I broke them open and ate one, straight out of the grocery store freezer (after I purchased them of course). It was divine, but when I got home and they were partially melted I snatched another one and oh boy... even better.

So there ya have it... For my Iowa friends... I'm sorry that you do not have a Trader Joes, but for my Arizona friends, you must try these!!!

3 comments:

tbsomeday said...

mmmm
look beautiful!
i think it's good for many reasons we don't have a trader joes
but...i think when we come out at the end of the month we're going to have to try some of those!

Amber said...

I wish we had a Trader Joes, AJ's Fine Foods or Whole Foods closer. Trader Joes is about 20 minutes away for us and that is the closest one until they build one downtown. We have Fresh and Easy across the street, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I will save some for you and if they are all gone we can go buy more ;o)

Karri said...

You definitely need to get the scoop on the things we need to eat there!!
Would love to try those and 20 min is not far, when it takes 40 min for us to get the the cities :)

Cannot wait!!!! less than 3 weeks!!!