Saturday, November 13, 2010

Nikon D90 or D5000

... that is the question. I have been saving my pennies and I think that I am ready to drop a grand or so on a really nice camera to finally step out of the point-and-shoot camera phase into the DSLR phase of my life. I am still thinking about SLR camera options, but I have it narrowed down to the Nikon D90 or the Nikon D5000. If anyone has any advise to offer it would be very much appreciated. I have done tons of research and I know that either of these two options will suit me. The D90 would be my top choice because it has more pre-set functions than the D5000... better for a novice like myself. However, it is more pricey. I just wonder if the price is worth it because the D5000 can apparently do pretty much everything that the other one can do, but with more manual labor. The D5000 is lighter, but apparently just as sturdy. The D90 has some computer uploading difficulties and may require software. I need to make out a pros and cons list and then compare prices after adding up all the accessories for each one. Decisions, decisions...

3 comments:

Amber said...

I already have it figured out... I'm going with the D5000 and the package I am going for includes two lenses and some other extras. It will all be less than 900 which I am grateful for. More for me to keep in my savings.

tbsomeday said...

lol
you crack me up with your own comment deciding

have you checked out the pioneer woman's blog?
she has a section just on photography--i think you would love it--lots of tips too

Amber said...

Hey someone had to comment ;o)

Thanks for the blog lead. I quick checked it out and added it to my follow list. Love her suggestion about the gym lighting. Her tips are just what I'll need as I get use to my camera.