Saturday, October 2, 2010

No-Sew Fleece Blanket

I decided to make some of Aiyana's and Clara's gifts for Christmas this year. When I was pregnant with Aiyana I made a girls and a boys no-sew blanket (one for each since I didn't know what I was having). This blanket is going to be for Clara. I found the material at Hobby Lobby. Isn't it cute?

I had the lady cut 1 1/2 yards by 1 1/2 yards of each color. When I got home I laid one blanket on top of the other, making sure that each one was smoothed out, then I cut the bad edges off. Next I cut 3 inch by 3 inch squares out of each corner and proceeded to cut 3 inch deep tassels all the way around the blanket. Note: last time I did 4 inches and felt that the tassels were too long. This time I think the tassels were too short so 3 1/2 inches would probably be perfect.




Next, tie the tassels all the way around the blanket (I tied them twice so they don't come untied in the wash).

TADA!!!

Super simple.

2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

adorable print!!

abbie made me one of these for dessa and we use it all the time--it's a nice heavy/soft blanket

Karri said...

I have been wanting to make 2 of these for the kids. Now I can, thanks to crafty Amber