Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

This was my first Mother's Day with two little ones in my life. It was also my first Mother's Day with my mom living right here in Arizona... Yay!!! Needless to say, I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Sunday morning, Aiyana brought me breakfast in bed (Dana made breakfast burritos as a gift from the girls). It was so cute watching Aiyana balance the plate while Dana helped her walk my breakfast to me. After church, my mom came over and we made lasagna. We also went through a lot of things that my mom had saved for me from when I was little. I am so grateful that my mom was diligent about saving special things from my past. I now have several of my old dresses that my girls will be able to wear. I also pulled out some of my favorite old books and toys that look like they might be able to with-stand more wear. I even found my old recorder which I cleaned up and handed over to Aiyana. She succeeded in sticking it in her mouth and drooling inside of it. So I cleaned it again and stowed it away for a later time ;o).

This is the best group shot we could get. Aiyana does not like to sit still for a picture lately.

Here's a picture of the front of our house, taken after I pruned the bushes.


3 comments:

Karri said...

It is so cute the differences in your 2 girls, for now at least.

Beautiful pruning!!! Looks very professional.

Glad you have your mom near you, finally :)

Beautiful girls, Amber!!

Michelle said...

Happy Mother's Day. Your girls look so precious. You have beautiful babies!!

tbsomeday said...

what a great day!!
house looks beautiful and so do the girls...aiyana is looking more like you these days...i used to not be able to see either of you in her...i was thinking you had stolen her...i won't turn you in now that i see some resemblence :)

we have a recorder here...i hide it!