Thursday, May 6, 2010

Good News... Bad News

GOOD NEWS.... Drum roll PLEASE...

Aiyana is officially sleeping in her toddler bed as of a few days ago. The first night I layed next to her until she fell asleep. The second night I also layed next to her, but I got anxious and left the room before she fell asleep. I was amazed when I realized she wasn't going to protest. So the following night I layed her down and walked out after our prayer and she was as content as can be. YAY!!!

BAD NEWS...

I did find her sleeping like this on the second night. Her feet were on the ground and her body was twisted around the side rail. Aiyana was fast asleep and non-the-wiser as I snapped a couple of pictures then hoisted her back onto the bed.

No GOOD NEWS for this next topic... just BAD NEWS...



Dana twisted his ankle 8 days ago and it still looks like this. It was much more swollen just a few days ago. It happened while playing basketball at the church. He landed on it wrong after jumping up for the ball. I feel bad that he has to hobble around barely able to take care of himself, let alone two babies. I also feel bad that I can't do more for him. Might I add that I also feel sorry for myself since I have to pick up a lot of the slack around here ;o(.

I'll leave this post with one more bit of GOOD NEWS to close on a positive note...

I spent a couple of hours pruning the plants in my front yard and it looks spectacular. I will post some pictures this weekend.

1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

i thought the good news was going to be your pregnant for a moment, lol

who wouldn't sleep on that toddler bed--it's SO cute!!

sucks about dana :(

i bet your flowers and plants are always beautiful!