Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy to Have the Weekends

Oh boy... my first full week back at work and I have to say that it is NOT easy ;o(. I really don't want to whine and complain on my blog, but I am going to. So here it goes...

- Wake up at either 4:30 or 5:15 depending on whether or not I have to monitor a surgery at work.
- Nurse Clara and get ready for work (or the other way around)
- Get the girls ready for daycare
- Give Aiyana her bottle
- Grab my pumping gear, purse and breakfast-on-the-go
- Work (that's the easy part)
- Leave work at either 3:15 or 4:00, or later depending on the day.
- Pick up the girls and drive home
- Unload nursing bag, label and store bottles
- Empty bottle bag and clean bottles to be ready for re-use the next day
- Change the girl's diapers and or clothes from daycare (if dirty)
- Nurse Clara
- Feed Aiyana
- Get clothes ready for daycare the next day
- Give Aiyana a bath (Clara also gets one every other day)
- Nurse Clara
- Give Aiyana her night-time bottle, put her in her night-time diapers, brush her teeth, read a short story, pray and put her to bed (this is usually around 7:30 or 8:00)
- Try to keep Clara awake while I fill bottles for daycare
- 8:30 to 9:00 - start thinking about dinner while trying to keep Clara awake until I go to bed.
- Change out of my work clothes while thinking about dinner
- Change Clara's diaper and put her in her pj's
- Eat something really fast and very unhealthy
- Nurse Clara in bed while falling asleep around 10:00
- Put Clara to sleep, pray she doesn't wake up around 3:00 am, brush my teeth and crash

I'm Happy to Have the Weekends ;o)

Keep in mind that while I have one of the girls, Dana has the other so this is how his weeknights go as well. Sigh.

3 comments:

tbsomeday said...

it is exhausting!
feels like i have no time to play with my kids anymore...and with the nice weather...that's not okay!!

Jana said...

Reading your post makes me tired Amber!! I swear there's never enough time in the day!

Ashlee said...

What a schedule! You are a great mom and I am glad you are doing it all, even if it is not easy.