Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Saturday, April 17, 2010
- Wake up at either 4:30 or 5:15 depending on whether or not I have to monitor a surgery at work.
- Nurse Clara and get ready for work (or the other way around)
- Get the girls ready for daycare
- Give Aiyana her bottle
- Grab my pumping gear, purse and breakfast-on-the-go
- Work (that's the easy part)
- Leave work at either 3:15 or 4:00, or later depending on the day.
- Pick up the girls and drive home
- Unload nursing bag, label and store bottles
- Empty bottle bag and clean bottles to be ready for re-use the next day
- Change the girl's diapers and or clothes from daycare (if dirty)
- Nurse Clara
- Feed Aiyana
- Get clothes ready for daycare the next day
- Give Aiyana a bath (Clara also gets one every other day)
- Nurse Clara
- Give Aiyana her night-time bottle, put her in her night-time diapers, brush her teeth, read a short story, pray and put her to bed (this is usually around 7:30 or 8:00)
- Try to keep Clara awake while I fill bottles for daycare
- 8:30 to 9:00 - start thinking about dinner while trying to keep Clara awake until I go to bed.
- Change out of my work clothes while thinking about dinner
- Change Clara's diaper and put her in her pj's
- Eat something really fast and very unhealthy
- Nurse Clara in bed while falling asleep around 10:00
- Put Clara to sleep, pray she doesn't wake up around 3:00 am, brush my teeth and crash
I'm Happy to Have the Weekends ;o)
Keep in mind that while I have one of the girls, Dana has the other so this is how his weeknights go as well. Sigh.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
I took Aiyana to a care clinic today and the nurse practitioner said that she has an inner ear infection in her right ear and her temperature was slightly elevated. She also, clearly, has conjunctivitis (pink eye) in both eyes and her nose is so stuffed up I can't even suction it. She can't breathe so she slobbers everywhere and every time I wipe her nose, more snot appears... literally like two seconds later.
So... I have eye drops, antibiotics and an infant decongestant for her. I hope tomorrow brings a less slobbery, less snotty, less eye goopy day for us because their Nana gets here tomorrow and I am super excited for them to see her again.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Aiyana has been feeding herself for a while, but she does really well with the utensils so I thought I'd get a clip of her feeding herself. Of course, when I start filming she drops some food on her tray ;o). I like how she sucks every last bit off her spoon... just like her dad.