Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Visiting Nana

My recent trip back to Iowa was a blessing in that I was able to introduce Clara to her great grandma, Nana. Nana hasn't been doing so well lately as she struggles with Alzheimers Disease. I have been really anxious to head back to Iowa and see her because I know that it wont be long before she will not remember who I am. Nana met Aiyana when she was five months old and she talks about her a lot so I wanted Nana to meet Clara while she is still capable of remembering things. I decided it was best to make my way east while I was still on maternity leave. I am so grateful that Nana got to meet Clara and that I will, some day, be able to tell Clara that she met her great grandma. During our stay, Nana always wanted to hold Clara and soothe her when she was crying. Nana's nurturing instincts kicked into high gear over the weekend and having Clara there almost brought out the youth in my grandma.

CLARA MEETING NANA

MY MOM GIVING CLARA A BATH IN NANA'S SINK

NANA & I


FOUR GENERATIONS: NANA, ME, CLARA, MOM & ALISA


OUT WITH MY FRIEND MECHELL AND COUSIN JEREMY



BABY TOES - JUST HAD TO THROW THIS ONE IN ;o)


3 comments:

Michelle said...

So sweet. I am glad your baby got to meet her great grandmother- how wonderful! And I still can't get over that hair!! It makes me so happy inside every time I see it.

tbsomeday said...

aww
glad you got to come home and get some pictures of clara with your nana
she is BEAUTIFUL!
thanks for meeting up with me while you were home--i know you are very busy on your trips back
good seeing you
you look great!

Jana said...

I love the pictures of Clara and your Nana. Your Nana looks so happy holding her. Clara will cherish the pictures forever.