Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sleepless Nights

As I was up-loading these pictures and thinking of a title for this post, I realized I was rubbing my eyes until they burned... or maybe my eyes were burning to begin with and rubbing them only made it worse? Probably the latter of the two. Anyway, "Sleepless Nights" seems to sum it all up. Clara is now three weeks old and although I am starting to develop a routine at home, I am also still struggling a bit at night. So last night I had an epiphany... Set aside some of my pumped breast milk and add just a little bit of formula to it then feed it to Clara after I nurse her at bedtime. Walla... We got five hours of sleep with no interruption. It was wonderful. Still not enough sleep, but better than it has been. Needless to say... come three in the morning, after the five hours of sleep, Clara was wide awake and ready for the day ;o(.

Just looking at this cute little face makes it all worth it though.

4 comments:

Amberly said...

I will take her at night! I am in love!

Jana said...

Yeah all the sleepless nights would be worth it! She is beautiful!

tbsomeday said...

lol--that is a cute little face!
how adorable

my sympathy to you and my sigh of relief that i'm not in your shoes
it's hard to take care of a baby and toddler on no sleep
my babies never slept more than 2-3hrs at a time until they were close to a year
it's why co-sleeping worked so well for u
no way i could get up doing the night to feed a baby--i'm too lazy :)

Karri said...

She is adorable!!! Sleepless nights yep...I am a few weeks ahead of you though with Kali being 11 weeks old. Keep going, it gets easier. Easier said than done :)