Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Clara is 2 Weeks Now

I can't believe she is already two weeks old. It seems like I just had her and now she is approaching one month. Initially I thought that Clara might be my calm and quiet baby, but maybe not so much. This one is fiesty. Clara is most content when she is nursing and by that I mean suckeling. She will get her fill, but then she wants to just lay by me and suckle. I usually have to wait for her to fall asleep while nursing then lay her down in a tight swaddle. She prefers her bouncer with the vibration mode turned on. In fact, I have resorted to laying her in her bouncer at night which I swore I wouldn't do. I wanted her to get use to a bed-like surface so that she would be content sleeping just about anywhere. I am still working on developing a routine with Clara and once that is established I think we will all feel better. Last night she slept for two three hour stints... yay Clara!!!

We had Clara's two week check-up today and found out that she is in the 90th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. Clara is now 22 inches long and 9 lbs 8 ozs.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

She is so incredibly beautiful, I can't handle it. How do you not just stare at her all day?? I bet your house is so fun right now with two sweet sweet little girls!

tbsomeday said...

at work i didn't see the valentine background...it was just black
nice surprise at home
just wanted to log on to say
she is BEAUTIFUL!
looks a little more like her momma now :)

Jana said...

I love looking at Clara!! Your new blog page looks great!! Aiyana has to be thrilled to have a baby sister.