Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our Trip to Novato for Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year we made the 11 hour drive up to Novato to see my new nephew Mason... and of course everyone else, but we all know that once a baby is born... it is all about the baby ;o). I enjoyed our time in northern California and I must say that the fall is beautiful up there. I miss the colors of fall living in Phoenix, but I got to see the fall foliage in Novato so that was nice. Dana and Aiyana and I took a walk in my brother's neighborhood and we saw some stunning views of the hills. Aiyana even made some of the trek on her very own little legs. Check out her walking next to daddy like such a big girl.



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving spread with a 12 lb turkey, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, stuffing, green beans and shallots, cranberry sauce, biscuits, sweet potato casserole, banana bread, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie and chocolate pecan pie. Here's a picture of my brother, Zach, and I right before we pigged out.



We had fun playing in the park by Zach and Mary's house. Aiyana especially enjoyed the slides. Here's a picture of my brother's family. Mason looked so cute and cozy in his bear outfit.

On Saturday we celebrated Christmas and exchanged gifts. We also attempted once again to get the two grand kids to pose in a picture with my mom. It wasn't easy, but here's what we managed to capture.



2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

how fun!
i'm glad you had a good trip!! i would hope so after 11 hours--yuck!

kids are beautiful!
everyone looks so happy :)

Jana said...

looks like you had a wonderful thanksgiving!! love the pictures!! You look great amber!