Monday, August 10, 2009

ASET 2009 Convention

This year was the American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist's 2009 Annual Meeting and it was held here at the beautiful Biltmore Hotel and Resort. This year I served as Co-chairman of the General Session which was held on Wednesday and Thursday. I had a really good time at the meeting and I met up with a lot of old friends in the field. I saw just about everyone I use to work with at the University of Iowa from Dr. Yamada to Becky Meng, Marj Tucker, Deb Humble, Pete Seaba and Jie Zhang. I took lots of pictures, but my camera wasn't working so well. I also got a picture of me with Dr. Neidermeyer which I have always wanted. To those of you who are not in EEG, Dr. Neidermeyer wrote what is known as the "Bible of EEG".

Here is a picture of Dr. Neidermeyer and I... Again my camera wasn't working so well, I used my cheap Kodak camera and the lighting was dim in the meeting hall.

One of my coworkers, Yvette, used Aiyana during her talk about tips and techniques to hook up a pediatric patient and Aiyana did such a good job. She sat playing with toys the whole time Yvette talked about her technique and applied electrodes. The only time Aiyana cried is when Yvette showed the audience how to swaddle wrap. It was perfect timing because the whole idea of her talk was to point out that kids can have fun during an EEG set up and they don't need to automatically be swaddle wrapped. Here's Aiyana in her head wrap... sometimes we tell the kids they look like Tellatubbies.

After Saturday's courses Dana, Aiyana and I took advantage of the pool at the resort and we had a lot of fun.




My Sunshine




We were in the pool for about an hour so Aiyana had some wrinkly feet...


2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

i would have LOVED to see a hands on baby prep demo....specially with your baby
how awesome!
i'm so mad i couldn't make it
awesome you got your pic with dr. n!

i love that towel pic with aiyana--she seems like such a happy little girl! :)

Sandi said...

What a great time. You are so blessed to have a great husband and beautiful child and one on the way. I hope you will be together for eternity.